Friday, April 25, 2008

Mother's Day Sachet

Don't you love the look and feel of old linens?  I sure do.  Above is a recycled hankie I turned into a lavender sachet.  I love the decorative details on it.  I attached a mother/friend charm and tied it with vintage seam binding.
I sewed an old button to the back.
Another close up of the sachet.   
Did you know lavender repels moths as well as promotes relaxation?  So it keeps the bugs away and calms you down.  This makes me want to keep the sachet for myself!  But alas, I must part with it. Tomorrow is another craft show I'll be attending in the delightful beach community of Encinitas.  The show is from 9-5 (although I'll be there at 6, gulp), and if you're a California Girl, please be sure and stop by to say hi.  If you're familiar with the area, my booth will be by Pino's Restaurant on Coast Hwy 101. 
Take care and have a wonderful weekend!
Martha
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin