Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dress Form take 2!

In my last post, I showed you this dress form I made from an old french book. The graphic came from Karen at Graphics Fairy blog.

The burlap I used to hang it wasn't right to me, because it has this shiny nylon mesh behind it that didn't look right. Plus, I know burlap is really popular right now, but if you've ever smelled it, it kind of stinks. :) So I changed the ribbon, and used darker seam binding, and tied it on the top with a vintage button. Usually I like creams and whites, but for this one I like the darker ribbon. And yes, I over think things, but that makes creating fun.Do you have a thing for buttons like I seem to? I used to dump out my mom's jars of buttons as a child, and go through them thinking it was the greatest thing to do.
Th dress form was printed directly over the french text.
Finally I'm happy with it. What do you think?
Take care,
Martha


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin