Friday, August 27, 2010

Feeling Pressed

Hi there! I'm feeling pressed to make some pretty pressed flowers! I just got a microwave flower presser, and have been having fun with it. It's called Microfleur and works really well. You only have to wait about a minute for pressed flowers that would have normally taken a week to dry. Here's an ornament I just made with real pressed flowers inside.
I tried to make it look like a page from a vintage herbarium, so I took letters from an old plant book, and created the name of the plant. It's called Gypsophia, and it looks like baby's breath, but with pink flowers.


Here's a beautiful cone with a fairy on it, my friend Rosemary made.
I put some dried white hydrangea inside, and love the look. Do you like flowers and fairies too?
Take care,
Martha
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin