Monday, September 29, 2008

New Beveled Baubles

Did you hear that?  Well if you live near San Diego, you probably did.  Thunder!  I know it may sound silly to my friends in the Midwest, but we hardly ever get thunderstorms and it sure is fun.  I think the storm is coming up from Mexico, and I love this weather.  I thought I'd show you what I've been up to lately.  Above is a wrought iron Eiffel Tower I picked up at Vignettes, my favorite local antique shop.  I'm using it to display my ornaments at craft shows.
Here are some new charms I've been working on.  I've always loved the look of beveled glass, and that's what these are made of.  2 little chunks of glass soldered together to give the design some extra dimension.
I like them so much I think I'll make the whole alphabet of that "B" style above.  What do you think?
Here are the backs of some of the charms.  They measure 3/4"

Hope you are doing well, and have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Martha

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin