Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Red White & Blue

The 4th of July is just a month away, and I thought I'd celebrate by making some flag charms.  I love the look of vintage flags, but don't have any so I created some with a little help from Photoshop.  I grunged up the flag so it looks nice and old.
Above is the Betsy Ross flag.  The story goes George Washington was concerned that the 5 pointed star would be too hard for the seamstress to make.  So Betsy took out a piece of paper, and with one snip of the scissors created a perfect 5 point star.  
The Bennington Flag got its name from the American Revolution Battle of Bennington.  It has 13 stars and stripes symbolizing the 13 colonies, and the 76 recalls the year of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  A unique feature of this flag is that the stripes alternate from white to red instead of the traditional red to white.

I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July this year.  I'll be in Ventura at a street fair.  If you happen to be in the area stop on by and say hi.  
Take care,
Martha
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin