Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Glitter *Star*

Hi! Just wanted to share with you what I've been working on. I founds this star shaped beveled glass, and knew I wanted to make a glittery creation out of it.
So I added German Glitter glass to it, and soldered the edges. I love the way it sparkles.
Did you know German glitter glass really is made of shards of glass? It's unlike the plastic glitter found in most stores, because the glass it's made out of has an amazing brilliance to it, and creates a beautiful diamond-like appearance to your piece, especially in low light.
I also love the texture the glitter glass gives to the star.

I've been making Christmas ornaments too since I need to get cracking for the Holiday season, and my next show is coming up in a couple of weeks in Carlsbad. I hope you enjoyed the little sneak peek to what I've been up to. We've had loads of rain and even strong thunderstorms here in sunny CA. It makes for a cozy time to create. I hope you're doing well in your neck of the woods.
Take care,
Martha
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin