Monday, November 16, 2009

Ornaments & Crowns

Welcome! I've been a busy Betty filling orders, and I'm sure as the holidays approach you have been too. I was fortunate enough to take a class from Sally Jean last week. She finally offered one close to where I live, in San Diego. It was great fun, and we made Christmas ornaments. Some shaped as stockings, others beveled, and house shaped like the ones I made above. Over the years, I've made fewer and fewer large ornaments, and have made them teeny tiny, so it was fun to make some big ones. for a change.
I love this verse "do not forget to welcome strangers. By doing that some people have welcomed angels without knowing it." I dusted the bee, flower and bird with crystal clear glitter.
My friend Rosemary was kind enough to make this teeny weeny crown for my wooden sandpiper. I think she looks gorgeous in it!
The crown is only about an inch in diameter, and made with delicate seam binding, and a tiny rhinestone. I just love how it came out. Perfect color for a sandpiper, don't you think? Thank you Rosemary!
Thinking ahead to Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for all the fun I have creating, and the amazing and wonderful ladies I've been blessed to meet along the way!
Take care,
Martha
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin