Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Little Peek

Welcome and come on in. I thought I'd give you a little peek at what I do to create a soldered charm. Above I'm cutting the tiny pieces of glass for the charm. 2 pieces are sandwiched between very thin glass. I have to be careful not to push too hard or the glass will crack, (and I might say naughty words.) I found a great cutting tool online that's like a straight edge which provides perfectly straight cuts. I tried doing this on my own, but was horrible with a hand held cutting tool. I could never get it straight.
Here's one of my most used tools above. It's called a second hand and it holds the pieces so I can solder, and place the jump rings on the top of the charm.
Here I am again soldering a charm. I use lead free solder, and it's taken me years to get used to it. This solder doesn't flow like normal lead solder making it harder to work with. But practice makes perfect right?
Oh joy a completed piece! I look forward to the joy of the holiday season ahead. I hope you are doing well, and have fun creating!
Take care,
Martha
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin