Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette is one of my favorite figures to use in art work. She's such a feminine girl, and seems to drip elegance. I usually use a black patina on the solder to darken it, but left it silver for this one.
While rummaging through one of my drawers, I came across some old chandelier prisms I bought, and decided to solder them onto an ornament.
Th photo I used is a painting of Marie when she was only 13. It was meant to show her future husband what she looked like, because he had never seen her.
I'm happy with how it came out. Maybe I should do more of these blingy ones, what do you think?
Here are a few pieces of trivia I came up with about Marie-
~She was only 14 years old when she got married to the future King of France. She was Austrian, and the marriage was meant to improve relations between Austria and France.
~Marie's last words were "Monsieur , I ask your pardon. I did not do it on purpose." She accidentally stepped on the foot of the executioner while climbing the stairs of the scaffold to the guillotine.
~Marie wore purple mules on the day she was executed
~ She had 4 children
~ Marie was the 15th child of 16
~She often dressed as a peasant to imitate the simple life
~Marie never said "Let them eat cake."
~She was brought to the guillotine on October 16, 1793

Back to work, I hope you enjoyed!
Take care,
Martha

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin